Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thai Cafe: Greenpoint, BK

Thai Cafe in Greenpoint has absolutely my favorite thai iced tea in the city. THE BEST, hands down (no, Mom, that's not an alcoholic drink...don't worry, my liver is fine).

This place is awesome. cheap. and good. Check out their menu.

Things I love: service is so friendly. Last time I ordered green curry, extra spicy. They did a serious job making me the spiciest curry I've ever eaten and half-way through my lunch, my waitress checked on me because it was "too spicy even for [her]." Points for making me what I asked for and then making sure my mouth wasn't on fire when i got it. I like.

Thai Cafe is a cute space with a small open kitchen, concrete floors, paintings on the walls and kooky light fixtures.

It's cash only, but you won't need much. They have a kick ass pad thai ($7.50-9.50) green papaya salad ($4) (on right in picture next to spicy squid salad), and the curries are really well balanced (and spicy, if you so desire) (avg. $8). If you don't live in Brooklyn, it's probably a pain to get to, involving @ least 1 transfer to the G or a long walk from Queens but this is a hidden treasure for thai food lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hungry? Find some good eats.

counter


View My Stats